Job Type: Regular
Location: Austin, Texas, United States of America Global Support
Position Type: Full time
Responsible for Exclusive Brands category strategy, assortment planning, promotional planning and supplier partnerships. Accountable for the financial performance of assigned categories through pre-season strategy and planning (e.g. financial targets, category strategy, assortment planning) and in-season management (e.g. promotional planning, cost of goods negotiations, forecasting). Partners with stakeholder product teams in developing Exclusive Brands strategies and develops Exclusive Brands products within the category strategy. Partners with suppliers to develop and execute meaningful programs and manage brand/item performance. Supports and positively influences financial goals, product mix, business relationships, innovation needs, and team culture.
**This position is not fully remote and will eventually require three days per week in our Austin headquarters (550 Bowie St).
- Develop category strategy based on financial expectations, category role, category performance, customer and product trends, competitive landscape and Whole Foods Market differentiators.
- Develop and execute exclusive brands category assortment plan including supplier line reviews, assortment analysis, forecasting, new product development and product lifecycle maintenance.
- Supports category promotional planning including planning and executing key promotional events and reacting in-season based on sales performance and competitive landscape.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of category performance, trends, and competitive assortment and pricing.
- Partner with support and stakeholder teams to ensure category execution (e.g. new item set up, distribution setup).
- Develop strategic relationships with key suppliers in order to ensure early insight to new trends and products, early and exclusive access to new items, differentiated product, merchandising and promotions, and competitive costs.
- Partner in integrating exclusive brands programs into overall category strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience and at least 4 years of retail experience, including experience and passion for category strategy, planning and execution
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and deductive/inductive reasoning skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to manage in ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and in a group
- Excellent communication including written, verbal and listening skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Experience in private label sourcing or category-specific expertise required
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.