Locations: Grand Rapids, MI
time type: Full time
job requisition id: R000240030
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
To drive business growth as a project manager and an ambassador of private label brand equity.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Manages product development project execution for line extensions, new line launches, label redesigns, product reformulations & sourcing initiatives, from the point of concept ideation through product launch.
- Collaborates with and leads cross-functional teams (Label/Packaging Design, Sourcing, Compliance, Regulatory, Analytics, Legal and Consumer Insights) during the product development and commercialization processes.
- Responsible for supporting the category review process for Own Brand by developing fact-based market, trade, and trend data, shopper insights and best practices.
- Influence overall Merchandising business objectives by collaborating with and supporting the execution of Own Brand business strategies and plans.
- Work closely with merchants with onboarding new vendors to ensure timely execution of vendor set up, item set up, and ongoing item and price maintenance.
- Collaborate with Marketing in support of brand and product launch and consumer activation.
- Monitor business performance & market trends to provide profitable recommendations for new items/line extensions & promotions.
- Key contact for vendors during the commercialization process. Must understand supplier options and capabilities by conducting reviews, attending trade shows, and visiting manufacturing facilities.
- Responsible for weekly business reporting to Merchants & Directors as well as post-launch analysis, insights on sales performance, & price/promo opportunities. While final P&L accountability resides with the Merchant business owner, the Own Brand Lead shares responsibility for the business that they support.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Business (or related) bachelor’s degree or retail experience preferred.
- 4+ years of brand management, marketing, merchandising, own brand, product development, sourcing/supply chain, project management, or similar experience is required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Self-starter, proactive, strong work ethic.
- Ability to blend creativity and analytics to address business challenges.
- Understanding of P&L terminology and fundamentals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a business leader and calculated risk-taker.
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.