Director of Product Operations Owned Brand Sourcing & Development Household Paper/Cleaning/Stationery
(Full time remote or hybrid)
Target is an iconic, beloved and well-recognized brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Merchandising at Target is evolving at an incredible pace across our broad product portfolio as we create Guest-centric, localized shopping experiences online and across our 1800+ stores. We are constantly reimagining how, as a $100 billion retailer, we offer the innovative and inspiring items that Target Guests love. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. We do this through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide. Owned Brand Product Operations is a key enabler, leveraging our Project Management and Sourcing capabilities to lead cross-functional development of products that have a positive impact on people and the planet.
We are looking for a Director of Product Operations to join our team within our Owned Brand Essentials and Beauty businesses. In this role you will leverage your sourcing, project management, retail and financial acumen to create strategies, lead and develop teams, and influence cross-functionally in service of our owned brand ambitions. Your ability to work in a complex, fast-paced and matrixed environment will ensure operational excellence and exceptional execution for the categories you support.
Team and Change Leadership
- Lead a team and create a culture that prioritizes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, and embraces team members well-being, growth and development
- Build the right mix of skills and strengths within the team; foster an environment that enables knowledge and skill-building, and assess and address gaps through actionable feedback and development plans to elevate and develop your team
- Drive team member connection and engagement in a hybrid, flex for your day working environment
- Actively engage in efforts to advance Target’s DE&I objectives and culture of Care, Grow and Win Together
- Lead the strategic elevation of the Sourcing role Close To Business within the Right Work, Right Location framework of Owned Brand Modernization, ensuring work shifts to the identified activities and responsibilities including Sourcing Strategy, Business Model/Product Creation Approach, Strategic Connectivity, Value Strategy and Optimal Business Placement
- Showcase change mindset, leadership and advocacy in support of continuous improvement and evolution efforts
- Foster connection, integration and alignment within and across teams and functions globally
Strategy & Business Development
- Lead and partner cross-functionally to synthesize merchant, financial and brand strategies into sourcing and operational strategies leveraged globally
- Leverage advanced sourcing, retail, financial and operational knowledge to develop and influence strategic choices at the roundtable that optimize margin and promote efficient operations and ways of working
- Create overall value and negotiation strategies used by teams in supplier partnership building and program negotiation execution
- Influence teams and partners and operationalize business practices that accelerate the achievement of Target Forward and Owned Brand Sustainability Goals
- Identify ways of working and process improvements that accelerate business outcomes
- Build strategies that advance our Owned Brand LRP growth and business penetration objectives
- Leverage understanding of business needs and dependencies across functions to lead Project Managers in the development of optimal operational models, project plans and timelines for effective cross-functional creation and commercialization of owned brand products
- Drive continued role elevation and best practice implementation of tools and practices through connectivity with Project Management Center of Excellence and enterprise project management resources
- Ensure the creation and use of tracking, risk and hindsight data to provide the insights for effective cross-functional decisions and actions, resource management, and accountability to our shared KPIs and operating models
- Further establish Product Operations capability and role at the roundtable as the leader of the end to end product creation approach and phase gate implementation.
- Support the building of our Project Portfolio Management capability
- Drive team connectivity to the business strategy, allowing experts around the world to find and build optimal vendor partnerships
- Understand the global manufacturing landscape to develop a sourcing strategy that achieves business goals
- Ensure the connectivity and connection that enables Sourcing Close To Vendor to successfully and efficiently do their work
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 10 years relevant sourcing, project management, merchandising or retail experience
- Experience working with culturally diverse teams; value diverse voices and approaches
- Committed to creating equitable experiences and fostering an inclusive team
- Strong strategic thinker who can synthesize and translate strategy for partner functions
- Strong communication and influence skills across all levels and functions globally
- Ability to manage project plans and resources
- Ability to plan, organize and execute
- Ability to leverage and analyze data and info sources to drive business decisions
- Curious and committed to continuous learning
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as needed
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is ($119,500 to $215,100). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.