What you’ll do…
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability – and everything in between.
As a Director of Private Brands in Dry Grocery , your expertise, vision and strategy will allow you to see the products your team develops come to life in stores and online. You’ll make a direct impact on the business and help families all over the world save money and live better. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture and have the support and tools you need to do your job, learn, grow and succeed.
What you’ll do…
As a Director in Private Brands, you will lead a team of product development managers and sourcing managers that work cross-functionally across the merchandising organization to develop a cohesive customer strategy for a great experience with our products and brands in-store and online. You will manage key performance metrics that drive profitable growth, develop robust partnerships with suppliers, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience through compelling assortments. You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Success in this role requires tenacity, an analytical mindset, influence, and a competitive spirit. You’ll use your executive presence to work with suppliers at all levels and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
You’ll make an impact by performing the following responsibilities:
- Develops, monitors, and manages complex product specifications through the product life-cycle to ensure quality and customer needs are met by collaborating with and updating internal and external partners to determine product needs, drive initiatives, resolve issues, and ensure alignment; conducting industry benchmarking to identify product details, specifications, and trends; reviewing and managing broad sample assortments; creating product specifications; submitting color, product components, and aesthetics for approvals; providing reports through the development, approval, and production process; identifying potential issues during the product life-cycle; performing root cause analysis and communicating findings; recommending solutions to resolve issues; performing visual in-store review of items to identify variances; and evaluating products against specifications.
- Leads the implementation of large, cross-functional and cross-organizational operational efficiency, customer experience, and communication strategic initiatives by influencing and collaborating with cross-functional teams; gathering knowledge from relevant sources; analyzing the potential return on investment; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines; and providing updates and progress reports to senior leaders.
- Manages department objectives and activities related to product strategies by conducting research to gain insight into current and future customer needs; analyzing data to determine impact to the business; streamlining processes for product development and delivery; aggregating research information to provide business intelligence; benchmarking within the industry to identify trends and opportunities to grow profit and sales, and communicating protocols to United States teams and offshore sourcing teams and making recommendations to senior leaders on new or enhanced product offerings.
- Develops financial and cost reduction strategies and drives financial performance for a medium-complexity business unit by developing performance metrics for the business unit and each category based on overall strategic direction; directing the analysis of costs and business impact; identifying leverage opportunities to drive cost savings; providing guidance and innovative solutions to leadership on initiatives to minimize cost and maximize sales growth; ensuring category direction supports goals and will grow sales according to plan; reviewing sales and directing changes as necessary; negotiating with suppliers to ensure sustainable solutions for the future and drive down costs; and communicating updates and changes to senior leadership.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices, developing consequences for violations or non-compliance, and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you’ll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, or related field and 5 years experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area OR 7 years experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area.
- 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
- Application development experience with emphasis on VBA and SQL programming languages, Creative design software, Cross-functional project management, Financial modeling, Manufacturing, product development, or packaging, Microsoft Office
- Masters: Arts, Masters: Business, Masters: Science
- Project Management – Project Management Professional – Certification, Six Sigma – Certification
- Primary Location…
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America