Req ID: 207953
Geographic Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Sprouts Location: 9900 – Corp HQ
Position Type: Full-Time
The Our Brands Team is growing and looking to add a Sourcing Manager to our team to drive continuous improvement of existing Sprouts Branded products (Our Brands) and to support product development by focusing on driving better buying through cost effectiveness, speed to market and building an innovative supply base.
As a Sourcing Manager you will be responsible for ongoing sourcing activities and initiatives for a variety of products under the Sprouts Brand. The focus will primarily be on Non-Perishable Our Brand products but will include an element of fresh product focus as well. This role will serve as a contact point responsible for building and managing relationships with suppliers and internal Sprouts business owners, as well as supporting strategic sourcing initiatives, driving cost savings, identifying and managing risk, discovering efficiencies, and supporting growth strategies within the respective departments. This role also requires the knowledge and skills to be able to identify, analyze, and quantify opportunities as well as handle vendor negotiations.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Proactively manage, plan, and lead contract renewals across the company, taking ownership and responsibility.
- Direct the negotiation of goods and add-on purchases to existing agreements.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking, and suggest methods to decrease expenditure.
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency.
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes.
- Demonstrate and practice a high degree of professional integrity and ethical responsibility in all business activities.
- Evaluate and recommend purchasing opportunities/initiatives to leadership utilizing current and emerging business models, assessing short-term and long-term industry and strategic considerations.
- As directed, drive RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, including creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (building and using scorecards) and vendor selection.
- As directed, performs assigned vendor management activities (business reviews, scorecard reviews, discussions).
- Develop analytics and insights that drive supplier planning, key priorities, and activities within spend categories.
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related degree or the equivalent in relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ experience preferred in the strategic sourcing/category management/purchasing field, including progressive strategic sourcing and direct negotiations experience.
- Experience establishing business processes, managing performance, supplier relationship management, and driving organizational change preferred.
- Relevant industry experience in fields related to Sourcing and Procurement of grocery goods, and knowledge of the Private Brand industry will be beneficial.
- Self-driven and able to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross-functional teams.
- Solid financial and/or quantitative modeling, highly proficient with MS Excel.
- Experience with Office Suite of products.
- Experience with RFI/RFQ/RFP, reverse auctions.
- Experience with ERP and Source-to-Pay tools.
- Experience developing and/or presenting business cases and communication of quantitative and qualitative information with executives.
- Experience in contract review and redlining, coordinating review cycles with legal department.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment with several stakeholders.
- Internal or external business consulting experience is highly desired.