What you’ll do…
At Sam’s Club, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability – and everything in between.
As a Senior Manager II, Private Brand Packaging, you will be responsible for the development of structural packaging and packaging standards in support of Member’s Mark. You will deliver structural packaging that provides members products that have been well protected through the supply chain and meet all product and food safety requirements. You will develop solutions that are operationally efficient for handling in the DC and by associates. You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Success in this role requires tenacity, a member mindset, influence, and a competitive spirit. You’ll use your executive presence to work with suppliers and cross-functional team members at all levels and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
Our Private Brand / Member’s Mark at Sam’s Club is a critical factor of why our members both join and renew their memberships. You will be responsible for implementing and building awareness of packaging trends, innovation and sustainability initiatives. You will improve member value by collaborating with sourcing to negotiate lower packaging costs.
You’ll be responsible for working with cross-functional team member’s including Merchants, Sourcing, Quality, and our brand team.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have Packaging experience in Private Label across various materials
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You have a competitive spirit of being in front of trend and innovation
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team’s products
You’ll make an impact by:
- Advising on how to use new methodologies and technologies in designing and implementing structural packaging.
- Monitoring the implementation of activities of structural packaging development and developing an organization’s structural packaging strategy.
- Solving problems that occur in designing and implementing structural packaging, while maintaining relationships with all structural packaging stakeholders and supply base.
- Developing and maintaining packaging and sustainability standards to meet commitment to community engagement
- Coordinating complex tasks with different types of packaging, including nontraditional hybrid systems and advising on packaging quality control and packaging/product interactions.
- Researching, piloting and implementing intelligent packaging technologies while evaluating different package materials and technologies and analyzes costs and benefits.
- Building, maintaining and enhancing effective internal and external partnerships through demonstrated integrity
- Influencing outcomes and assisting in communicating shared goals with diverse groups and parties
- Identifying and addressing additional partner needs and educate them on value creation.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.