BJ’S Wholesale Club: Planner
Company: BJ’s Club Support Center
Type: Full Time
Location: MA, United States
Join a team of more than 30,000 team members, comprised of our Club Support Center and over 230 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We’re committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their families and homes. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team environment where all team members can learn, grow and be themselves.
The Planner is responsible for developing monthly financial plans and forecasts that align to the department strategy. Working cross functionally with the merchant in the forecasting process, you will be responsible for maximizing both sales and profit, while effectively turning inventory within the open to buy. At BJ’s you will be responsible for using analytics to drive most profitable product life cycle, including end of life management. Planners are responsible for overseeing and providing direction to allocation partners ensuring that the right products are available in the right retail channel at the right time, meeting our members expectations while achieving sales and profitability for assigned department.
- Responsible for financials and department forecasting, Strong knowledge of business metrics (sales, margin, inventory KPI’s.
- Responsible for supporting the creation of an optimal assortment and strategic flow plans. Builds effective sales and inventory plans to drive profitability. Influences inventory productivity to include end of life activity.
- Identifies and recognizes business opportunities 1 to 6 months out by analyzing the trends withing the business. Strong knowledge of market trends and ability to apply to categories planned
- Partner with Buyer(s) to develop a monthly Department-level bottom-up forecast with a focus on sales, margin, and inventory targets consistent with the category strategy
- Ability to evaluate and communicate opportunities and risks including reacting to sales trends and inventory flow as well as suggesting markdowns and promotions in order to achieve sales margin, and inventory objectives
- Builds and executes new business opportunities by measuring results and providing recommendations
- Accountable for ensuring department inventory plans and flow are successfully executed for new club openings
- Manage Demand forecasts within JDA Demand and Fulfill to ensure order optimization
- Responsible for managing article level ladder plans and building up to financial plans
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Understands financial metrics inclusive of sales, margin, inventory turn, weeks of supply
- Strong problem solving, retail math, and analytical skills
- Organizes thoughts and communicates credibly and concisely
- Presents to and influences team members and business partners, by utilizing relevant data and fact-based information to articulate results. Able to provide recommendations in a clear concise manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cross functionally
- Critical thinker, that can interact professionally with both internal and external stakeholders
- Desire to Coach, Mentor, and Onboard
- Advanced Excel skills
Preferred 2-5 years’ experience