CAREERS: Staples: Director Category Development, Private Brands
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
Job Id: 1248701
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Our merchandising team aims to deliver the best value and selection to our customers through products, services and solutions all centered around our customers’ needs. We are driven by customer insights and analytics to bring products and solutions to market seamlessly. We’re inclusive, well-rounded professionals who have deep experience in buying, selling, negotiating, operations, design, innovation, finance and more.
What you’ll be doing:
The Director, of Category Development leads in the development of strategic category initiatives to drive growth for Staples Private Brands. Their goal is to drive sales and loyalty for Staples, Inc and across our partner channels. This role marries strategic category understanding with both product development and execution. As a member of the Private Brands leadership team, they will be responsible for driving the vision and goals for the Private Brand program across the organization.
- This position is a key leader on the private brand team, responsible for daily decision-making to grow private brands in NAD and across partners. This is a strategic leadership position that will be responsible for building and executing strategies against corporate goals.
- This position will develop the 3-year strategic plan for category growth and will be responsible for all management and development of programs.
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver, with the ability to use the data to tell a story and drive the business.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Have initiative, be flexible, detail-oriented and a team player.
- The willingness to work to tight deadlines in high pressured environments without compromising on work quality.
- Experience working effectively in complex global organizations, satisfying the needs of diverse constituents, and often working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Be able to thrive in a collaborative, corporate environment with a professional and positive attitude.
- Knowledgeable in the impact and methods of achieving sustainability through materials, process, and execution.
What’s needed – Basic Qualifications:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
What’s needed – Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
- Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran