CAREERS: Dollar General – Brand Manager Senior
Requisition ID: 2023-274204
Job Location (Posting Location): 100 Mission Rdg, Goodlettsville, TN 37072
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares, and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we’re still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Responsible for delivering Private Brand sales, profit, and share goals in assigned categories. Develop business unit strategies to include the development of new products, growth of existing products, efficient strategic sourcing, effective consumer marketing programs, and promotional programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering Private Brand sales, profit, and share goals in assigned categories. Develop business unit strategies to include the development of new products, growth of existing products, efficient strategic sourcing, effective consumer marketing programs, and promotional programs.
- Lead a cross-functional team of analysts, product development, and supply chain to develop and introduce new products, improve existing products, and effectively market and promote the brand(s) to consumers.
- Work closely with category buyers to develop annual business and promotional plans to achieve financial goals.
- Create external and in-store marketing programs to support brand growth objectives.
- Develop business reviews (category assessments) to identify private brand opportunities.
- Ensure the business plan is executed properly: pricing, distribution, promotion plan, etc.
- Negotiate with key suppliers to create products and marketing programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to manage brands across multiple categories.
- Advanced skills in category analysis, planning, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of initiative, along with excellent execution capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships at all levels of the company and in the supplier community.
- Excellent project management, leadership, and supervisory skills
- Syndicated research experience with a good understanding of marketing, merchandising, and retail
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Work Experience &/or Education:
Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing, Management, or a related field. 7+ years of relevant experience in brand/category management is required. Previous experience as a Buyer or Brand Manager in a Retail environment.