Responsible for establishing and driving execution toward a long-term strategic vision for our own brand assortments. Use trends and knowledge about the competitive landscape to develop a vision and roadmap for potential new in-house brands and product lines/extensions. Leads idea generation and creative development processes with key cross teams (Product Development, Merchants, Design, and Marketing) to conceptualize brands and their evolution. Leads the team by supporting and coaching to ensure effective day-to-day execution, actively managing career development and growth. This position reports to the Support Center in Denton Texas.
- Directs and manages SBH’s portfolio of owned brands including the creation of new brands and associated new products of existing brands. Keeps portfolio current with the latest technologies, designs, trends, and styles to satisfy market trends and customer demands.
- Directs and manages the acquisition of suppliers and fillers. Keeps all third-party relationships functional and amicable. Coordinates tactical strategies required for SBH brands to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Directs and manages market intelligence, product testing, regulatory compliance, marketing and merchandising with a focus on Best of Class, cost containment, competitive pricing, and gross margin.
Manages and Directs New Product Development process and New Product team to:
- Creates, produces, and markets innovative products and manages and improves existing products to meet all department and company goals.
- Ensures Product Development team is effectively integrated with key internal departments & external vendors with clear accountabilities, deliverables, and measures.
- Searches the marketplace for innovative new product ideas and trends aligned with corporate growth strategy. Researches and evaluates new competitive products for aesthetics, claims, and product positioning as they relate to the current SBH brands and future category opportunities.
- Defines organizational priorities and strategies for product development and leads team to implement critical programs/projects/initiatives, develops key metrics, and monitors and measures results.
- Oversees product development team’s design, development, testing, and execution of products from concept to customer, while meeting customer needs, profitability, speed-to-market, cost, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Develops and implements aesthetic & quality assurance standards, processes, and controls to ensure that product standards for performance and safety are met.
- Works with Regulatory and Legal departments to ensure that all SBH’s products comply with all National and local regulations and guidelines where SBH’s products are marketed and to ensure that SBH’s trademarks and patents relating to SBH’s brands are properly registered and secure.
- Sources and approves all outside vendors and fillers and plays a vital role in managing relationships with outside vendors, domestic and import and support companies on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively communicates their impact with internal departments and business partners.
- Establishes sourcing to ensure time and margin objectives are met. Manages the development calendar deadlines for critical approvals.
- Communicates results of critical metrics to the Executive team.
- Establishes and Manages department budget and annual department strategic business plan.
- Lead global collaboration of the owned brand product strategy.
- Spearhead initiative to ensure open communication and collaboration with all SBH operating companies.
- Manage extended brand team focused as a resource for global development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Merchandising, or related field preferred.
- Leadership experience in Private Label
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
Competencies / Attributes
- Building teams and developing talent
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, communication, and change management skills
- Forward-thinker with the ability to evaluate business opportunities.
- Ability to organize and manage a variety of activities while addressing multiple priorities.
- Self-starter to be able to develop policies and programs to meet new business objectives.
- Team player to create and achieve common objectives.
- Relationship builder to develop vendor community and internal support for achieving objectives.
- Passion for innovation
Working Conditions /Physical Requirements
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, retail stores, and residences or commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as papers, files, books, small parts; using a keyboard, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
- Job Identification: 15538
- Job Category: 2MD – Merchandising
- Posting Date: 07/05/2023, 10:32 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Denton, TX, United States