Director of Packaging Sourcing – Owned Brands
1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis,MN 55403-2542
The pay range is $123,100.00 – $221,600.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Target is an iconic, beloved and well-recognized brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s largest retailers. The ambition of Target Owned Brands is to create and grow purpose-driven brands that bring joy to guests every day. Target’s portfolio of owned brands is a key differentiator in retail. These cherished brands are one of many aspects of the Target experience that our Guests love most.
Owned Brand Sourcing & Development (OBS&D) drives Target’s Owned Brand growth by developing products and packaging that have a positive impact on people and the planet. With a unique integration of sourcing, quality, and social responsibility, we drive the quality and cost of our products and packaging. We believe we can build a better tomorrow and capture the hearts of our Guests and Team Members by being a progressive force in responsible sourcing practices.
We are one of the few retailers that sources internally. It is a strong competitive advantage that allows us to
surprise and delight our Guests with compelling product design at the right price.
It’s an exciting time for Packaging Sourcing at Target as we work to advance an industry-leading model that delivers excellence in quality, cost, innovation, responsibility and sustainability across our supplier base and in our packaging. We are seeking a leader who will develop and deliver the vision to achieve that ambition across our $30b+ multi-category, multi-brand portfolio.
Director of Owned Brand Packaging Sourcing responsibilities:
Owned Brand Packaging Sourcing Capability Vision
- You will leverage your knowledge and experience of packaging sourcing and the packaging industry as you lead and partner cross-functionally to establish the end to end vision for packaging sourcing within OBS&D, inclusive of Apparel, Accessories, Home, Essentials, Beauty, Hardlines and Food & Beverage portfolios
- Your experience will support discovery, benchmarking and external perspective work to inform the vision. Your effort will be global in its scope and inclusive of capabilities, roles and interaction models and data/technology needs within Target and with our supply base
- Your vision will support efficient operations and positively impact our financial portfolio. It will set a foundation of expectations and collaboration with functions and partners globally. It will be aligned to our Owned Brand Modernization framework and roles
- Your plan will unlock further value, surety of supply, speed, transparency and collaboration with our packaging supply base, and help us achieve our Target Forward responsibility and sustainability goals
- Your ability to build and leverage strong and trusted relationships at all levels to strategically influence will ensure you achieve alignment and support for the vision and its implementation
Strategic and Operational Implementation
- You will build a roadmap and implementation plan for the long-term capability vision including organizational structure, process and interaction models and support partners needed to sequence and activate against the plan
In-Flight Roadmap and Goals
- You will lead an experienced team based in US and Asia. You will support them as they deliver upon the existing roadmap in support of our business and growth plans. These goals are inclusive of value creation, a stable and reliable supply chain, global matrix risk mitigation, sustainability, transparency, responsible sourcing and data foundations
Team and Change Leadership
- You will lead a team and create a culture that prioritizes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, and embraces team member well-being, growth and development
- You will drive connection and engagement with global, remote and hybrid/flex for your day team members and working environments
- You will build the right mix of skills and strengths within the team; foster an environment that enables knowledge and skill building, and assess and address gaps through actionable feedback and development plans to elevate and develop your team
- You will actively engage in efforts to advance Target’s DEI+B objectives and culture of Care, Grow and Win Together
- You will showcase change mindset, leadership and advocacy in support of continuous improvement and evolution efforts needed to implement the strategic ambition for Packaging Sourcing
- You will foster connection, integration and alignment within and across teams and functions globally
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 10 years+ relevant packaging/packaging sourcing experience; CPG packaging experience highly desired
- Demonstrated experience with core packaging raw material types, packaging converting, printing, manufacturing and supply chain capabilities
- Strong communication and influence skills across all levels and functions globally
- Ability to manage delivering comprehensive operating visions, plans, roadmaps
- Experience working with culturally diverse teams; value diverse voices and approaches
- Committed to creating equitable experiences and fostering an inclusive team
- Strong strategic thinker who can build, synthesize and translate strategy for partner functions
- Ability to plan, organize and execute
- Ability to leverage and analyze data and info sources to drive business decisions
- Curious and committed to continuous learning
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as needed
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member’s core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.
Team Members in the Target General Merch Inc (TGMI) operating company are strictly prohibited from working more than 30 days per year in the following 16 states: AL, AR, DE, FL, IN , IA, LA, MD, MS, MO, NC, OK, PA, SC, TN and VA. If hired, you are prohibited from working remotely from one of the states listed above for more than 30 days per year.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.