In this week’s enlightening episode of Velocity, host Christopher Durham takes a deep dive into the dynamic world of retailer-owned brand news. Engage with insightful discussions on the delayed Kroger-Albertsons merger, the introduction of Staples’ new breakroom brand, and the pivotal move by Store Brands magazine as it transitions from print to digital. Discover the latest retailer-owned brand innovations from Albertsons and Asda, and learn about Wakefern’s upcoming Cravecon 24 indulgent Snack Summit. Christopher’s expertise offers a valuable perspective on the evolving retail landscape with a focus on private labels and brand strategies.
Retailers and brands face constant evolution in the market, as evidenced by the Kroger-Albertsons merger delay and the strategic divestiture to CNS Wholesale Grocers. Amidst these significant shifts, Staples is revitalizing the office breakroom culture with its new line-up called Pick Me Up Provisions. As traditional media adapts the digital era, Store Brands magazine bids adieu to print, signifying a 45-year legacy while welcoming the digital transition. Albertsons and Asda both flex their innovation muscles with signature solutions for in-store convenience and an expanded non-alcoholic spirits collection meeting consumer demands.
- Kroger and Albertsons’ merger is postponed, with anticipated completion in the first half of Kroger’s fiscal 2024.
- Staples launches a new breakroom brand, Pick Me Up Provisions, with exclusive K-Cup coffee flavors.
- Store Brands magazine transitions from print to digital, ending a significant chapter in its publishing history.
- Albertsons introduces a new mix and match meal solution, and ASDA broadens its non-alcoholic spirit range in the retailer-owned brand sector.
- Wakefern’s Cravecon 24 Snack Summit is an exciting new endeavor seeking innovative additions to its private brand snack portfolio.
- “We are committed to closing the transaction and providing the meaningful and measurable benefits that we promised when we originally announced the transaction.” — A statement from the press release on Kroger Albertson’s merger.
- “Customers can now energize their breakrooms with feel-good drinks and quality ingredients.” — Celebrating the launch of Staples’ brand.
- “At Albertsons, we are committed to delivering great quality with unparalleled value and convenience.” Jennifer Saenz, EVP and Chief Merchandising Officer at Albertsons Cos, discusses the Signature Select mix-and-match range.
- “As a part of the virtual event, Wakefern is inviting manufacturers’ submissions from such snack options as cookies, brownies, salty snacks, etc.” — Bryant Harris, Wakefern’s chief merchandising officer on the upcoming Cravecon 24.
Dive deep into the transformative world of retailer-owned brands with this episode of Velocity. Engage with the stories that are shaping the retailer-owne brand landscape and come away with actionable insights for navigating these changes. Join us for future episodes for more invaluable discussions that will keep you at the forefront of the industry.